Code of Conduct
CADTH welcomes everyone with an interest in evidence-based decision-making about drugs, medical devices, and health systems to CADTH events for productive, meaningful, respectful discussion and dialogue.
This code of conduct outlines the expectations for CADTH staff, attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers (collectively termed “participants”) at the annual CADTH Symposium and other events hosted by CADTH including associated activities such as social events and in the use of Twitter or other online media.
By registering for a CADTH event, you agree that harassment or disrespectful conduct do not belong at any CADTH event. Examples of such behaviour may include:
- unwelcome behaviour that demeans or embarrasses a person for any reason
- offensive or inappropriate remarks, gestures, material, or behaviour
- sustained disruption of a speaker
- inappropriate jokes or cartoons including racial or ethnic slurs
- grouping or isolating
- yelling, belittling, or reprimanding in the presence of others
- aggressive behaviour
- sexual harassment or unwelcome attention
- damaging gossip or rumours
- unwarranted or unwanted physical contact
- social media disparagement
- reprisals as a result of making a complaint under this code.
Contact Us to Report an Incident
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a CADTH staff member immediately. Complaints made under this code of conduct will be taken seriously, handled with care, and thoroughly investigated. We will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
If a participant engages in harassment or disrespectful conduct, CADTH may take any action it deems appropriate, including warning the offender, expulsion from the event without a refund at the discretion of CADTH, and/or contacting venue security or local law enforcement. Offenders may be excluded from attending future CADTH events.
By registering to attend a CADTH event, you are hereby agreeing to this Code of Conduct.